Hey, you, you with the twinkly eyes! Are you a university student studying animation? Jammy Custard are offering up to 2-weeks work placement to a student starting from the 13th of February.
The studio is busy with exciting projects and we have the perfect opportunity to get a student involved at an entry level in fantastically cool projects while gaining insight into how a small studio works.
Here’s a bit more info:
- Contribute to an on-going music video project nearing completion (credited contributor)
- Contribute to other ‘corporate’ animation workflows and potentially sitting in on meetings (great opportunity to understand how client-based projects operate)
- Skills will focus on 2D animation and colouring within Flash/Animate, but other tasks may involve Illustrator and After Effects
- Based in our studio in Cardiff Bay, the student will work closely with Matt, the Animation Director and also alongside Kyle, our graphic/illustration lead
- An iMac, tablet and software will be provided, but we are open to discussing using personal set-ups, too
- Gain access to our process and have the opportunity to learn how a smaller studio functions
- The amount of time you work with us is negotiable, to allow you to attend lectures and part-time jobs if required (agreed beforehand and in conversation with the lecturers)
- Approx. Schedule 10 am – 5 pm Monday to Friday, 13th February – 27th February
- The odd social gathering and minor office perks! (Mainly biscuits)
The ideal candidate:
- Keen to specialise in 2D digital animation with good knowledge of the Adobe Suite (notably Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects)
- Happy to get stuck in, but happy to chat
- Not afraid to ask questions or even make suggestions
- Will turn up on-time and is capable of managing their time to meet the schedule
We would welcome submissions of portfolio/showreels and either a covering letter or c.v. by 12:00, 11th February (UPDATE: Due to our time constraints on Monday and the short notice of this placement, we will accept submissions until 17:00, but only if you let us know you intend to submit before 12:00). We will then review and either make a selection or arrange to meet with a few candidates for an informal interview.
Send your submissions to [email protected]